Argumentative essay topics in 6th grade can greatly benefit students who look for new ideas and prefer to use new approaches in their writing. The topics and complexity may vary depending on the student’s interests and abilities. The selected themes may cover all the possible areas, including education, social life, health care, etc. Reviewing argumentative essay topics in 6th grade could serve as a great source of inspiration for those students who are tired of traditional themes and want to express their creativity in a new manner.
All in all, argumentative essay topics in 6th grade propose a set of subjects on which students can write a well-structured argumentative essay.
Should Homework Be Mandatory?
The importance of homework in the learning process has always been one of the most discussed issues among students and teachers all over the globe. With the advent of advanced information technology, homework debate flared with renewed vigor. Society has been divided into two broad categories:
- those who support the essentialness of homework tasks;
- those who reject the necessity of homework in the learning process.
Personal Choice or Duty?
The scholars’ points of view on homework importance differ – so many men, so many minds. Still, regardless of the popularity of non-standard learning and unconventional approach to study, most researchers believe in the obligingness of homework. Most defend such a position because homework positively contributes to students’ performance.
Homework as a Means of Improving Academic Performance
As mentioned above, many scholars recognize the significance of homework in students’ successful performance. According to them, homework improves grades and makes students more flexible and responsible. Moreover, while completing the homework, students go into depth with a topic. During the classes, teachers emphasize the highlights of the selected topic solely. Due to homework, students can familiarize themselves with the discussed issue better and consider it from different perspectives.
Other Benefits of Homework
The usefulness of homework assignments could be observed not merely in students’ academic performance. Among further advantages of such tasks is parents’ involvement in the child’s development. Undoubtedly, it does not mean parents must work through the homework’s content with their kids. Nevertheless, they are responsible for facilitating good learning habits and making the learning process more approachable for the child. Furthermore, homework teaches children personal responsibility, which could be useful for their future life. Besides, it prepares students for college and lifelong learning. In this insight, homework assignments contribute to the constant personal as well as professional development of the individual.
What to Write About?
Argumentative essay writing is an essential skill that students need to learn in their academic journey. It teaches them to research and analyze a given topic, formulate their opinion, and present it persuasively. For 6th-grade students, argumentative essays can be a challenging task, but with the right guidance and an interesting topic, it can become a fun and exciting experience. In this article, we have compiled a list of 50 argumentative essay topics for 6th-grade students that will impress and challenge their critical thinking skills.
50 6th-Grade Argumentative Essay Topic Ideas That Impress
- Should students be allowed to have cell phones in school?
- Should school uniforms be mandatory?
- Are zoos ethical?
- Should students be allowed to choose their seats in class?
- Is it better to have a large family or a small family?
- Should students be required to learn a second language in school?
- Is it ethical to test products on animals?
- Should junk food be banned in schools?
- Should students be allowed to grade their teachers?
- Should students have a say in school policies?
- Is homeschooling better than traditional schooling?
- Should parents be held responsible for their children’s actions?
- Should animals be used for scientific experiments?
- Should the voting age be lowered to 16?
- Is climate change real?
- Should social media be banned for children under 13?
- Should students be allowed to have a part-time job while in school?
- Should school hours be shorter?
- Is it better to have a strict teacher or a lenient teacher?
- Should homework be banned?
- Should students be allowed to use laptops in class?
- Should junk food ads be banned on TV?
- Should students be allowed to have a pet in school?
- Should school start later in the day?
- Should sports be a mandatory subject in school?
- Should students be allowed to bring their lunch to school?
- Is it better to live in the city or the countryside?
- Should school funding be based on test scores?
- Should students be allowed to wear hats in school?
- Should schools have dress codes?
- Should schools have security cameras?
- Is it better to be an only child or have siblings?
- Should physical education be mandatory in school?
- Should students be allowed to have a YouTube channel?
- Should students be allowed to have a social media account?
- Should college be free?
- Should parents be able to choose their child’s school?
- Should animals be kept in captivity for entertainment purposes?
- Should schools have metal detectors?
- Should students be allowed to choose their curriculum?
- Should students be allowed to take a gap year after high school?
- Should students be allowed to bring their technology to school?
- Should schools offer classes on mental health?
- Should standardized testing be eliminated?
- Should students be allowed to bring their water bottles to school?
- Should students be allowed to have their blogs?
- Should schools have a stricter dress code for girls?
- Should students be allowed to have a say in school budgets?
- Should schools offer vocational programs?
- Should students be allowed to skip grades based on their academic performance?
These 50 6th-grade argumentative essay topic ideas will help students develop their critical thinking and writing skills. From social issues to personal experiences, there are plenty of topics to choose from and express their opinions. Students can make their points clear and convincing using the argumentative essay format. Using a persuasive slogan can also help them leave a lasting impression on their readers. With the help of these 6th-grade essay topics and argumentative essay examples, students can excel in their essay writing skills and become confident in expressing their ideas.
When choosing a topic, look at 6th-grade argumentative essay examples or ask your professor for a 6th-grade essay sample, as it’s important to select one that will engage and interest the audience and other graders. Examples of 6th-grade argumentative essay topics include discussing the benefits and drawbacks of social media, the impact of video games on children, and the importance of recycling. Using a catchy argumentative slogan or sample thesis statement can also help to hook the readers and draw them into the essay.
In conclusion, homework offers numerous benefits that can positively impact students, including improved academic performance and the developing of crucial life skills. As such, it plays a crucial role in facilitating education at the 6th-grade level and beyond. Therefore, homework should be considered a mandatory component of the learning process, though it may need to be adapted to fit each country’s specific needs and cultural context. By incorporating homework assignments into the curriculum, teachers can equip 6th-grade students with the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed academically and in life.
About Jessica Dong
Jessica Dong is a 21-year-old student from Beijing. She studies business development in the USA and dreams of running her own company. Jessica is a socially active student interested in traveling, social media, and entertainment.